November is the most under-appreciated month 😀 Let’s re-discover how to love it anew, here are 10 things to do while November 2020 still lasts.
– find and buy some seriously beautiful postcards and mail them to friends.
– re-read Eugene Onegin.
– keep on travelling and creating mini-holidays for yourself (eco, foodie, photo, cinema tourism into neighbouring regions, countrysides and city districts is our everything right now).
– start preparing for the winter festive season at a leisurely pace: take a look at the new garlands, candles, advent calendars, wreaths and other decorations, then draft a list of gifts.
– do a digital detox and spend several days without screens.
– try new board games: our current favourites are Klask and Riding Europe.
– see a new film by François Ozon.
– give your close ones some unforgettable moments: dive into mounds of fallen leaves with the kids, listen to the husband who’s suggested to listen to Bach :))), go with friends to an online theater performance, for example, ‘UFO’ by Ivan Vyrypaev (he’s a genius!)
– add soul to your kitchen: bring order to your spices, put them into nice jars, place those in a clear view and start using often.
– do some simple kind deeds, for example, set up a recurring payment to a charity.
Take the cozy winter pajamas out of the closet.
Keep a small volume of Bashō next to your bed to open at random pages and read haiku whenever you feel like it. How about this one:
On a withered branch
A crow is perched
Find time to contemplate nature… it’s ok to do it from the window, yet coming to a park to sit by the pond feels so much better.
Once in a while don’t just read haiku. Write them too, at least in your head.
That will help to turn the gloomy time of the year into a very poetic season:)
Arrange or come to a heart-warming party that offers oeuvres of the Russian cuisine, for example, borscht 🙂
Buy a bunch of chrysanthemums. Their scent and beauty are so autumn’s.
Dedicate a rainier-than-usual evening to a game of Scrabble and fight till the last letter.
Keep riding a bicycle until snow covers everything.
Go with all the girls to a steam sauna and use all of our inventory of masks and scrubbs in a single visit.
Escape to the countryside where the best friend lives. Warm house, soulful talks, watercolour monochrome views – everything to bring you peace with the coming winter.